GNOM DP S7 wireless axle load sensor is used to determine the vertical moving of the carriage frame relative to the axis of the vehicle when placing cargo in a body of vehicle or in a canvas cover. This hardware is installed on the rear axle or the rear bogie of the vehicle. Wireless data transfer via Bluetooth Low Energy provides an opportunity to monitor axle load of vehicle with the help of online vehicle monitoring system and also directly on board – via smartphone, tablet or driver’s cab display with Bluetooth 4.X.
Axle load monitoring in a vehicle telematics
Axle load sensor (position sensor) operates in BLE-radio mode, that means, data is sent to several devices at the same time: Bluetooth-display, smartphone, tablet. This enables several users to monitor axle load of freight trucks at the same time:
- using online monitoring system operator of the fleet may remotely track places and time of loading/unloading Events
- receive Alarms on exceeding axle load limits and prevent unauthorized operation of vehicles (carrying underhand cargo)
- a driver has an opportunity to monitor axle load during loading and unloading of the truck’s body
- a mechanic can carry out diagnostics of the pneumatic system during a vehicle inspection
Like the other sensors based on S7 Technology (wireless fuel level sensor DUT-E S7 and wireless fuel flow meter DFM S7, axle load sensor GNOM DP S7 does not store data on axle load in an internal memory of the settings. Profile of the settings is being saved in the memory of the Receiver – telematics unit/GPS tracker or smartphone.
Transferring data on axle load via BLE to telematics unit or tracker
Axle load monitor mobile application is used to receive GNOM DP S7 readings on a smartphone. The functionality of this application provides opportunities to:
- generate a calibration table, which determines the correlation between the vertical moving of carriage frame relative to cargo weight
- keep control of axle load readings
- monitor the operation mode of the sensor, the quality of the received signal, possible malfunctions
Installing an axle load sensor on the axle of the leaf spring suspension
Installing an axle load sensor on the axles of leaf spring suspension
GNOM DP S7 sensor is installed in the longitudinal line of the symmetry of the vehicle, between the wheels of the axle, that is being controlled, in the center of a cross-car beam of the car frame.
GNOM MK DP Mounting Kit
GNOM MK DP mounting kit is designed for quick installation of a wireless position sensor. The carefully thought-out in-box contents of the kit ensure reliable operation of the axle load sensor even in severe operating conditions.
The mounting kit guarantees quick and easy installation.