GPS-server.net can monitor thousands of targets, and display their location on maps with crystal clear detail right down to street level in a web browser. It lets user to track objects in real time, directly view historical tracks and notify about events that require your immediate attention, generate various group reports and much more. Software is very simple, user friendly and designed to communicate with a wide variety of GPS devices including mobile devices. It is constantly improved and updated with new features.
How does it work?
Click “Demo” in the top right corner of this page for an online demo.
- You need a GPS device for each object you want to track, a GPS device receives position information from GPS satellites and forwards it to GPS-server.net. There are also vehicle mounted GPS devices, asset tracking devices and personal tracking devices that include both GPS and a mobile data module.
- Your GPS device needs to have an internet connection to send position data to GPS-server.net. The most common option is to use a data subscription in 2G or 3G mobile networks. Most dedicated GPS devices include a mobile data module that use standard SIM cards.
Start using GPS-server.net
How much does it cost to use this service?
- Newly added GPS devices can be used for 14 days FREE with our service. If you would like to continue using our service, please purchase personal account plan from our shop or once device trial period expires.
How to start using the GPS-server.net service?
- If you still do not have GPS device, you can buy one on eBay or any other shop. Look at our list of supported devices to find a suitable device or verify that your device is supported by GPS-server.net.
- Android and iOS mobile devices can be transformed into GPS device with GPS Tracker application which can be found in our Mobile Apps page.
- Click “Registration” in the top right corner of this page to create account in GPS-server.net, more details here.
- Login and add GPS device IMEI number to your object list, more details here.
How to configure GPS device to connect GPS-server.net?
- Refer to GPS device owner’s manual how to set server IP and PORT. Our server IP and PORT can be found at supported devices page.
- Set GPS device APN. (Ask GSM operator what APN to use with your device SIM card. Check if there is a username/password needed for the APN).
- Make sure that your GPS device time zone is set to 0 UTC. If not it will show incorrect time or event won’t work.
- If you still have problems, please check troubleshooting or contact our support team, we will be glad to help you.
Will GPS device work inside the building?
- GPS device may not work inside the building, because of signal absence with GPS satellites. Take it out or put in to the car.
How long does GPS-server.net keep history?
- 90 days, but it is possible to save history tracks in GSR format. Later you can load them just directly from file.
Your Android mobile device can be transformed into GPS device with GPS Tracker application which can be downloaded from Google Play.
How to start using my mobile device as GPS device?
- Download GPS Tracker application from Google Play;
- Install and start application on your device;
- Create GPS-server.net account, more details here;
- Add your device to your GPS-server.net account. Enter your device Name and IMEI number, more details here;
- Make sure GPS and Internet connection is activated on device;
- In GPS Tracker application go to “Settings” and select correct “Server” where your account was created;
- Click “Start tracking” in GPS Tracker application;
- Wait for the device to get a satellite fix, this can take some time (and is best achieved outdoors with clear sky);
- After some minutes you will see location of your device;
- If you want better battery life, set the tracking interval to at least 60-120 seconds.
Application control using commands
To use this feature “Command control” must be enabled on your device in GPS Tracker application. Device will check and execute new commands every 120 seconds (default interval).
- Login to your GPS-server.net account;
- In top panel find command prompt icon near map selection;
- For example we want to stop tracking, enter command name, it can be “Stop Tracking”;
- As command select “ASCII” and enter “tracking_stop”;
- Select your object and click “Send”;
- Now command is sent for execution and once device receives – it will be executed;
- Command delivery period depends from “Command check interval” setting on your device.
Available commands for GPS Tracker
- tracking_start – starts device tracking;
- tracking_stop – stops device tracking;
- position_interval,10 – sets position sending interval to 10 seconds, lowest interval is 5 seconds;
- command_interval,120 – sets command check interval to 120 seconds, lowest interval is 60 seconds.